Newsletter August 2013
This month’s newsletter showcases NEC’s Unified Communications Desktop software. NEC UC Desktop is software that gets installed on your office PC to allow the user to transfer calls, view phone status, view out of office status, and much more.
Users today want to process calls using their PC, not their telephone. NEC’s UC Desktop gives strong PC users an easy way to handle call processing.
NEC’s UC Desktop
NEC’s UC Desktop Suite delivers integrated unified communications (UC) that enhance an organization’s productivity and collaboration.
It is a scalable, feature-rich solution that simplifies communications management and enables complete mobility. Specifically developed for small to medium size businesses, UC Desktop Suite users become more mobile and efficient.
UC Desktop Suite provides an easy, affordable way for businesses to implement UC functionality throughout their organization. It offers a wide-range of capabilities from managing communications on desktop personal computers (PCs), CRM Integration, Presence, collaboration through a multimedia softphone to placing a complete attendant console right on an operator’s PC.
- Simplified Call Management – users simply click easy-to-understand icons on their computer screens for all calling functions
- Mobility – offers two ways to stay connected and productive:
- Mobile Presence – through a user’s mobile phone or laptop web-browser, enables ability to change user status; access, search, view status and profile information of all contacts plus simply click a contact to place a call
- UC Web Client – ability to launch UC Desktop Client from anywhere within an Internet browser window and access most available features. (For Internal Server Blade only)
- Presence – provides users with real-time status and availability of their colleagues
- Instant Messaging – enables users to effectively and efficiently communicate in real-time
- CRM Integration – offers businesses seamless application access to leverage and manage their information more efficiently
- Quick Messaging – enables users to send a personalized message to one or more colleagues’ PC or multi-line display phone
- Integration with UNIVERGE SV8100 Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) – enables users to login as an agent and view real-time queue statistics plus monitor ACD states of other agents
- Integration with UNIVERGE VM8000 InMail and UM8000 Voicemail – offers quick access to and easy management of messages directly from the UC Desktop Client
- Multimedia Softphone – enables mobility and sharing of real-time information through advanced UC applications such as videoconferencing, Presence, application sharing, whiteboard, chat and file transfer
NEC’s Unified Communications Desktop Suite